Haywood County Health and Human Services Agency
How to Protect Yourself From Corona Virus Infection
Reduce the Risk of Exposure to the Virus:
1. Stay home except for essential needs, like food and medicines.
2. When you go out, avoid crowds: a. Do not congregate with more than 10 people
3. Keep your distance:
a. Stay at least 6 feet away from others.
b. A higher risk exposure occurs when you are closer than 6 feet for more than 10 minutes.
c. Closer than 6 feet for a shorter time does not represent a significant exposure.
d. Just walking past someone is not a significant exposure.
4. Wear a mask:
a. To keep from giving this to someone else, especially if you are sick.
b. It may also help to prevent breathing in some virus that may be in the air.
5. Disinfect any frequently-used surfaces: Mix 1/3 cup bleach in 1 gallon of water, put into a spray bottle, spray the surface and let it dry for 5 minutes.
Protect Yourself From Virus That You May Have Been in Contact With:
1. Wash your hands:
a. Use soap and water for 20 seconds any time you may have touched a surface that could have virus on it.
b. If no soap and water are handy, use any hand sanitizer.
2. Wear a mask to remind yourself not to touch your face before washing.
Take Care of Your Health
1. If you have any medical issues, see your doctor regularly to keep yourself healthy, especially if you have diabetes, high blood pressure, heart or lung issues, a condition that limits your immune system, or you take immunospressive drugs, like chemotherapy or certain arthritis medicines
2. Most doctors are using telehealth on a computer or the phone to be there for you. Give them a call.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, CALL THE HAYWOOD COUNTY COVID-19 HOT LINE AT 828-356-2019
A downloadable copy of these guidelines is available at the link below the Haywood County logo.